Monday, April 9, 2007

April 9th, 2007

Hi there all,
We had some rough news this week. I had to cancel our trip to Birmingham Shout (The Gay and Lesbian Film Festival of Alabama). The film is still playing but I felt so ill on Tuesday that I was scared to death and the idea of going myself seems too much to handle healthwise. I won’t get into it here but the doctors say I shouldn’t fly. We are so disappointed because the folks in Birmingham had made a special point of trying to get us to come for the weekend. I know that Stu particularly believes in how hard they are working to make a top-notch gay and lesbian festival there. We really believe that its in places like Birmingham were our message should be heard.
It’s not like one of us can go and the other stay home- Jack and I are kind of a match set at those Q&A sessions. If you’ve seen us at one-you know! We so enjoy them too. We feel like stars. But it is so damn frustrating at times! Here we are at the moment of getting to tell our life’s story, people want to put us in front of a crowd and health gets in the way.
I sometimes get so tired of being reminded that we simply can’t do what we used to even ten years ago. Hell, we were still globetrotting then. Now just getting on the plane can be a problem.
But, Jack and I are still heading to San Diego on the April 20th for the Film Out Gay and Lesbian Film Festival and we are so looking forward to it. Our pilot, the film’s producer Joe Applebaum, will be at the controls of Stu’s 97 Honda Odyssey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home