Saturday, September 8, 2007

More moving emails

Another letter that really made my day. Thank you so much for writing it. I took your name out only because I thought you might prefer it that way- Bob


Dearest Bob and Jack,

I feel like I know you.
I just finished watching your film at the Gay and Lesbian Film Festival in Durham. I found it to be wonderful and heartwarming. You two have lead a courageous life which has paved the way for people
like me and my girlfriend. Things will be even better, I hope, for the
young kids just coming into adulthood.

Bob reminds me so much of my girlfriend's father. Sadly, though, his
life has been much different from yours. He lived his life in the
closet. He just came out a couple of years ago, in his 70s, separated
from his wife and now lives in California. They are both much
happier.

Thank you for allowing the movie to be made and for sharing your
stories with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home