Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Director Stu Maddux to speak about documenting gay life

Stu Maddux, Director, Bob and Jack's 52-Year Adventure

Hi Bob and Jack!
I don't think I revealed TOO many of your personal secrets last night but here a clip of the show so you can check:


I was on on Pacifica Radio's LGBT show IMRU here in LA with filmmakers Robert Nunez (We're All Angels) and Dante Alencastre (Into The Fire).
Stu Maddux, Robert Nunez, Dante Alencastre

WE, had a great discussion about the panel we are all on this weekend at the ONE Archives. It's about documenting the gay history happening all around us. The hosts were great interviewers.

All three of us will be showing clips from our films at this Sunday's panel. I haven't seen Into the Fire and now I'm very excited to get a peak after hearing Dante talk about how dangerous it was to shoot with transgendered folks in Peru. We're All Angels, Robert's documentary about the Christian Gay Duo, Jason and DeMarco is going to be on Showtime next month and there's so much good stuff I'm curious to see which clips Robert will pick for the panel. From Bob and Jack's 52-Year Adventure I'll be showing the scene where you had the wild sex party in South America during the Pinochet years. No. just kidding, guys. Probably the scene about how you came out in the military. That as we know, was no joke. I've also got a peak of my new film Trip To Hell And Back. I'll try to finally bring you a copy as you asked when I see you on Wednesday.

The mp.3 gives you and idea of what's up but here's the 411:

ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archive Cultural Series:

Where:909 W. Adams Blvd (USC Campus)

When: This Sunday May 18, 2008 2-5pm – free to the public

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home