Wednesday, February 25, 2009

EMAIL FROM FAN

Hi Bob & Jack

A lovely story and although I haven't seen the movie, I'll certainly add it to the front page and Movie section of my website, GrayGay.com, the place for mature gay men and their admirers.

I'm 50 and my partner Trevor (aged 75) was in a 40+ year relationship with his previous partner. We had a 14-year looooong-distance relationship (UK to Australia) where I was the official bit on the side! but since his previous partner died in 2007, I am now the official bit!

Through Trevor I have met a lesbian couple in their 90s who have lived together for over 60 years - so you'll have to keep going for a few more years to get the record! I helped to find them some local lesbian contacts after we moved from their area to Sydney as all their friends had died or moved away and they had no local support - a common problem.

AFIK the movie hasn't been shown in London, UK (where I lived until 2007) or in Sydney, Australia (where I live now). To promote the movie locally, I'll suggest to the Sydney Mature Age Gays group that they should screen it at one of their meetings and also recommend it to the Sydney Mardi Gras film festival organisers - the 2009 festival is on now so it would have to be for 2010. I also have contacts with the Gay Film Festival organisers in Melbourne & London and will recommend it to them too.

If you're ever asked for other movies to create a gay senior theme for a movie festival, I can recommend, Seventy (very funny) and everyone should see this ad (more movies, ads).

Regards

Paul
Editor of GrayGay.com
The place for mature gay men, their admirers and the GrayGay Guide to places that welcome them worldwide

aul:
Thank-you so much for email. We would so appreciate you including our film in your movie section. The site is well done and we know of it all the way out here in LA!
Congratulations on your time together with Trevor. Was he the younger man and now he's the older man? The best of both worlds.
It's also nice to know that we don't hold the record for long-term gay relationship! No one ever wants to be the oldest at anything. I'm sure that our director, Stu Maddux, would love to hear more about the lesbian couple that you know.
You are right that Bob and Jack's 52-Year Adventure has not been seen yet in London or Sydney and we would all be grateful for any help introducing our story to people there. The film has been seen at the Melbourne gay festival which we heard went well.
It would be so nice to revisit all these places again but travel is SO much harder than just staying put these days. Besides, the weather is beautiful here and we love the city.

Sincerely,

Bob and Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home