Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hi Bob and Jack. We are leaving for Lisbon this morning


I thought you and Jack would get a kick out of this. Here's a pic of friend Bill Haugse (editor of Hoop Dreams, Sunset Story) helping me write a few words to say in Portuguese when our film screens next Wednesday night at Queer Lisboa. Bill speaks the language very well because his ex-wife is Brazilian. Whether I can pull off the pronunciation or not is making me nervous. I know that speaking Portuguese is not necessary but it is respectful. My attempt last night was so dubious that we've packed a video camera at the last minute to get the audiences reaction! I'll post it for you here next week. I hope you guys will look for other updates here too. It will probably be too expensive to call from overseas.

Stu Maddux (director)

ps- Do you know where we were 1 year ago today? Fresno Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.

1 Comments:

Blogger IB said...

i saw your movie yesterday, here in Lisbon and it was truly inspirational... thank you for this.

September 20, 2007 at 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home