Friday, October 5, 2007

I just got this email from someone I once worked with...

The other night I was searching the internet for different radio stations and people I used to listen to and work with. Imagine my surprise when I searched for you guys. Not because you were gay (hell, everybody in Raymond, Washington knew that) but that there was a movie. Mom will be surprised too. Every time the Golden Girls is on she mentions the episode that Jack was in. I told her I've seen both of you on WKRP sitting in the lobby as sales manager candidates.

I was thinking that you should show the movie in Olympia. I showed the website to my daughter's gay roommate and mentioned that it should play here because of the large gay community. His comment was that "it's mostly lesbians". I said that it shouldn't matter.

True love is damned hard to find for everyone. I've always told my kids that when they find the right person they will know it and, if they are lucky enough to be partners, to work hard to hold onto that. You guys found it, fought to keep it, and made it last longer than most couples.

How could anyone be against something like that?

John

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently reports of your demise are premature!!!

I wanted to contact you as soon as I heard you were around. Congratulations on your movie and retirement. I hope all is well. I have fond memories of my time at KAPA and regret not staying in touch with the two of you. I'll save all the stories of life for another time, but check out my little station's website! (This apple didn't fall far from the tree, KMAS, Shelton, Wa.) www.kmas.com I'll write again soon.

Dale Hubbard Pres./G.M.
Olympic Broadcasting, Inc.
djdale@kmas.com

Take Care Fellas...

October 8, 2007 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Randy Wyatt said...

Hi Bob and Jack... Randy Wyatt here. We did the interview a few years back when I was in Wenatchee, Washington. I was one of the fortunate few that was trained well by consumate radio professionals at KAPA. John Holt and I worked at KAPA together during our Senior year at Raymond High School back in 1977-78. John and I ordered in Chinese last night and watched the video. Wonderful! I'm so happy for the two of you. It looks like you have a very nice place to live and it seems you're doing well. Jack, you're in our thoughts and prayers for your health. Best wishes to the two of you.

October 19, 2007 at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home