Friday, August 3, 2007

Stockholm Apparently Rocked!

Hi guys it Stu (director):
I've just been emailing back and forth with Marta in Stockholm. To fill everyone in, she saw our film in Seattle last Fall and liked it so much that she's worked these past months to get it screened in Sweden. The screening there was this morning at about 6:30 our time (1:30pm their time) Here she is at the podium graciously doing the honors for us. She sent us some news with the pictures that just made me want to hug her...

Stu, Bob, Jack:
Success! We almost filled the room, which means an estimated 150 people came to see your film! Two people came up to me afterwards, one missed the beginning and just wanted to know, and I quote 'Don´t take this the wrong way, but WHO are you?' and then he also wanted to know if it would re-run so he would be able to see the whole film, and the other one just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful film.
The whole bunch of them seemed to enjoy the show, they laughed often and applauded afterwards, and I think you might get one or two visitors from Sweden at bobandjack.org.

Afterwards, me and Anna celebrated by buying coffee and donuts from my store, pictures are included.

(I particularly like the one where I pretty much bend my jaws to their cracking point as I try to master eating one of those American style super size muffins.)

I had a great time championing your film, and I´d really love to fly transatlantic again just to be able to see you guys. We´ll see what the future holds as far as traveling goes.

Read in your blog, Bob that you just got yourselves settled and I´m so glad it all worked out for you.
Take care!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stu Maddux said...

I'm always amazed how much one person can do. Look at this, a whole screening. This helps us spread the word so much. We don't have any publicists or distributors. We're just trying to get out the message through individuals that everyone can find lasting love, gay or straight. That if you're against or indifferent about gay marriage you are in favor of denying individuals their equal civil rights. Enough from me.

August 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home